One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Help get me to the SGA Workshop


Dear friends,

I plan to attend a workshop April 27-29 in Chester, CT for Second Generation Adult survivors of high-demand groups, but I need some help raising the necessary funds. I've been given a discount based on my financial need, but I'm still required to pay $100 for it, plus I'll need at least about $125 for transportation costs. So I've created a GoFundMe where people can help me raise the necessary $$ to do this.

Pictured below are the facilitators of last year's workshop (from the website of the International Cultic Studies Association).



I've previously written (for instance here: http://stripey7.blogspot.com/2008/09/too-much-like-old-times.html) about how involvement in a high-demand group (or "cult") in my adolescence has affected me. I suspect that aspects of my childhood were also influenced by my parents' involvement in the group and its effect on their parenting style.

I attended a workshop two years ago for ex-members of high-demand groups, but it wasn't especially for Second Generation Adults. Nonetheless I found it powerfully helpful, and anticipate that the upcoming workshop may help even more.

Visit the GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/SGAworkshop Please give and share!

No comments: