One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Read Poetry, Help Save a Life

"Cancel culture" has now taken a life in the form of Alec Holowka's suicide prompted by dubious and unproven allegations, made public in spite of the knowledge he was emotionally unstable and had suicidal ideation.

One way to counteract this dangerous trend is to affirmatively support those being mobbed and ostracized. I took a step yesterday by preordering Joseph Massey's book A New Silence. You can read about his cancellation here: https://quillette.com/2019/06/28/a-metoo-mob-tried-to-destroy-my-life-as-a-poet-this-is-how-i-survived/