One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reaching My Limit

Today I attended a rally called "Let's Help Philly Put Romney-nomics to Rest." But I left after half an hour.

It was just too much like an Obama rally, in all but name. I can vote for a lesser evil -- I've been willing to do that for several years -- but I can't rally for one. That just feels too inauthentic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was living in NYC in 1995 I attended a rally in Times Square protesting the policies of Gingrich, Pataki, and some other Republicans. from the speeches there it sounded like the crowd's main problem with them was that they were not Democrats. After what felt like hours of partisan speeches I left. I checked my watch & it was only 20 minutes.