One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My First Filk Song to Be Published Next Year

I recently submitted my song "Trinity," which I wrote about three years ago, to Contata to be included in their songbook. It's based on Lois McMaster Bujold's novel The Curse of Chalion and sung to the tune of "Yesterday": 


Trinity
Sainthood's not what it's cracked up to be
Thought I'd save Iselle and then be free
But the Lady had some plans for me

Suddenly
I am thrice the man I used to be
Have a demon and a ghost to tea
Now I believe theology

Why She holds Dondo I don't know but it's to be
Tried to die a champ, now I'm cramped with trinity

Trinity
Sainthood's not what it's cracked up to be
Thought I'd save Iselle and then be free
But the Lady has more plans for me
(Closing hum should be groaned while holding one's stomach)

Upcoming: Thursday, 6 Dec: 7:30pm at Penn's Christian Association, 118 S. 37th St. -- Performance of a one-woman play about Jeannette Rankin, first female member of Congress and sole dissenter from the declaration of war on Japan. Saturday the 8th: At noon there will be a demonstration on the west side of City Hall calling for a new trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal. Friday the 14th: The Philadelphia Science Fiction Society will hear a talk by John Scalzi. Program starts at 9pm and is free and open to the public. 

No comments: