One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Thursday, April 12, 2007

In the 21st Century Now

As of evening before last, I no longer have a WebTV or landline phone account. Today I ran again into a street fundraiser for a nonprofit whom I'd talked to a couple weeks ago. I'd realized after the first conversation, in which I'd said I'd get back to him about possibly pledging support, that what made me uncomfortable was his high-pressure approach, and the reason I'm so sensitive to it derives from my adolescent experience with a political cult. When I saw him again today, I had the chance to explain this to him, and he seemed to understand. Being able to do this really felt a great relief to me. I'll have to go into that cult experience in more detail here when I get a chance. 

No comments: