One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Not All Self-care Is Alike

I see a lot of memes about self-care these days. It's a valid concept, but I get the feeling that some of these messages are dangerously one-sided and open to harmful interpretations. Under a cultic influence, which isn't necessarily formally organized let alone recognized as such, a person may cut off someone he deems "negative" or "toxic" merely because they challenge a belief he's become emotionally attached to and dependent upon -- a kind of self-milieu control. This sort of "self-care" is actually self-limiting and potentially self-destructive.



No comments: