One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tell Apple: No snooping on our iPhones!

Apple has announced plans to put spyware on iPhones that would allow it to compare customers' images to reference images from elsewhere. The stated purpose is to assist enforcement of laws pertaining to children and sex, but past experience tells us that any such capacity for indiscriminate spying will be abused.  Here is the message I've sent them:  "I do not consent to the transformation of my phone into a spying device. The photos that I keep on my phone include intimate and treasured moments, that are for the eyes of myself and my loved ones only. Apple's plans to allow a secret spyware system to analyze these photos is a betrayal of my trust. It could expose my private photos to strangers, and falsely place me under suspicion of kidnapping or raping children. I demand that Apple honors my expectation that photos I keep on my phone will be kept private."  You can leave your own comment at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone 

 https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1271920956662616067

No comments: