One reader's rave

"Thanks for the newspaper with your book review. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with this terrific piece of writing. It is beautiful, complex, scholarly. Only sorry Mr. Freire cannot read it!" -- Ailene

Cassie Jaye, the day before I met her at the _Red Pill_ world premiere

Friday, March 30, 2018

Faith-Based Group Cynically Promotes Relativism at Penn

There's a group with a table set up on Locust Walk today called the Christian Union. Their sign says they're about "training Christian leaders" while a blackboard asks, "What is truth?" From my conversation with one after writing my answer (what the Universe tells me about itself through my senses), it's evident what they're training them in is use of postmodern-style rhetoric to confuse people into abandoning the concept of objective reality, merely so they can then push their own evidence-free claims about said non-existent reality on them.

This group, which I'd never heard of before, mustn't be confused with Penn's long-established Christian Association, which has always had a very tolerant and non-abusive approach toward those with different world-views. I had a work-study job with them one year, most of which was spent doing office work for an anti-militarist nonprofit that had its offices in their building.

1 comment:

stripey7 said...

A friend reminds me that "What is truth?" was asked by Pontius Pilate. The fact that this group asks the same question shows either incredible un-self-awareness, or else a cultic "double morality."